Saturday, July 2, 2011

TFTD..

TFTD

Not sure how many of us know the full form..Thought For The Day - TFTD
I studied in a catholic school for 9 yrs, where the day begins with Prayers, News Headlines and a Thought For the day. It was a nicest thing. Maybe that’s why even now I read the newspaper ( Mandatorily – even at the cost of reading e-Paper) and also ensure that I also read the Thought For the Day in the middle pages somewhere. I usually search for inspiring and factual thoughts.
Even in my current organization, there is a daily mail , updating the business , stock et all. But in the beginning of the mail is a Thought.

When I started my career and 1 yr down the line, when I had my group of friends, instead of sending Good Morning mails, I started sending Thought For Today mails.
These were the conversation starters with many.. It so happened, an employee from my present organization , ( who had received one such forwarded mail ), hunted for my id, and sent a request to include his name in my list ! For a moment I was wondering …my mails are being forwarded..and to how many..I don’t know!
I have made many friends thru sending these TFTDs. Sometimes the Thoughts would depict my mood of the day or ponderings over life. Infact there used to be people who used to agree and then there were many who would disagree with the thoughts. It was a PART of my life..sending out TFTD mailers..
It’s a 2 mins job, but the impact a thought leaves, is immense. Reading that itself is an achievement. Which reminds me, there is a thought which goes like “ Do something for someone in a day, for which you don’t get paid " How true..
Agreements / Disagreements would mark the beginning of the day. And then, there used to be days, when nobody would respond!
I am listing some of my favourite quotes & thinkers who have inspired me in more than one way.
Presently the signature of my official mail id has this : “Getting what you want, is not nearly as important as giving what you have. Tom Krause "

One of the very recent thought that provoked me :

We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

No comments: